Monday, September 23, 2013

Rapunzel birthday invitations

My daughter turned 7 this summer, she has very long blond hair and loves the movie Rapunzel so it was easy to decide on the theme for her birthday party:)
After spending a lot of time on pinterest but not finding anything I really liked I decided to come up with my own invitation. The one thing I saw on pinterest and loved was the idea of having a yarn braid on the invite like on this one.

 First thing I did was look on the silhouette store to find a tower. I was so happy when I found this 'stone tower' shape. You get the tower and then the stones for the main part of the tower. I cut the towers out in brown and the the stones in light purple. I later cut out another tower shape, white this time and had the information for the party written on it.
I glued the purple part on top of the brown tower and used white craft ink and a sponge to add some texture to the brown stones.
 Then I used my grand calibur and a spellbinders die to make miniscule little flowers in pink and purple.
 I used a spellbinders foliage die for the leaves on the tower. 
 I assembled the little leaves or vines.

 I also made about 3 bigger flowers per invitations, I just used an old flower punch I had lying around and shaped them a little. I wanted a bit of yellow on my card too so I took some pearls and used a copic marker to color the pearls.
 I then assembled all the tiny flowers onto the vine and added the 3 larger flowers as well.

 To finish it off I glued a little yarn braid to the inside of the window in the tower (I did hide the knot with the other invitations, just dont glue down the window part before you've inserted the braid!! ).
 I made these cute little tickets and added a colorful paper clip to hold the front and back (the white tower with the party info) of the invitation together. Luckily I only had 8 of these to make, it took me about 4 hours to make all of them. 
I hope this can maybe inspire you if you ever have to make Rapunzel birthday invitations!:) Have a nice day!
I'm linking up to these parties:
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.fr/2013/09/create-share-features-too.html
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/09/wow-us-wednesdays-137.html

No comments:

Post a Comment