Saturday, July 2, 2016

Tea for two party

It has been over two years since I've blogged, basically I had a baby two years ago today (exactly 2 years ago as I'm writing this!). So I thought I'd post pictures of what I've been up to the past two years (apart from caring for my three kids who keep me VERY busy).

The theme of today's party was Tea for Two, there is so much inspiration on Pinterest and youtube! Here is what I came up with. Enjoy! 
I made a naked cake for the first time! No one in my family likes heavy cakes with lots of frosting so I thought I'd give them all a break from buttercream and made a cake with no frosting. I made a patisserie cream mixed with whipped cream to fill in between the layers along with a bit of raspberry jam. The top half was a lemon pound cake and the bottom half a victoria sponge cake.
 
Oh, I guess I did cheat a bit. I made a dozen cupcakes with the extra victoria sponge batter and added a ruffle using the wilton 1B tip as shown in this tutorial by passion for baking.
A lovely friend of mine let me go wild in her garden and pick a ton of gorgeous flowers for my cakes and vignettes. Thanks Verena!
Since the theme was tea for two I used my cherished Royal Albert tea set that I have been accumulating over the past few years. I love the mint color, the gold detail and cute polka dots.
I am a huge fan of chalkboards!
Here are a couple shots of the overall setup.


I made some traditional English cucumber sandwiches to go along with the theme. We also had white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and homemade lemonade.
For the favors I made cute little sour cream pouches for the kids (you can find the tutorial on my blog under paper crafts).
And for the adults I filled up these cute tin containers I got at my local craft store with loose tea.
To finish off this post here are a couple more pictures of the cake :)

Hope you are all having a lovely week end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment