Monday, October 8, 2012

vintage industrial calendar

Hello blog world, I wanted to share a project with you that I whipped up last week. I came across this picture while I was looking for fun vintage industrial decoration ideas. Needless to say the price tag of 150 euros was not even worth considering but as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted one and I challenged myself to make one for under 20 euros. So here's my version:

 I used white and black thick card stock that I had on hand. I cut 14 white cards for the numbers measuring 9X14cm. I rounded the two bottom corners and punched two small holes on the top.
 Then I brought out my distress inks, I started by adding brushed corduroy to the edges and then I added walnut stain over that. To finish off I put a very light coat of old paper all over the front of the card.
 I then added a bronze eyelet to each hole using my crop a dile.
 Then for the days and months you'll need 19 black cards measuring 7X14cm. Round the two bottom corners and punch two small holes on the top.
 Finish off by adding an eyelet to each hole and by using a pair of open scissors to distress the edges of your card a bit.
 What I had to buy for this project was the curtain rod (it measures 33cm without counting the swirls on the ends), also the chain and some black wire to attach the cards to the rod.
 The rod cost me 6 euros, the chain (of which I only used less than half) cost 5 euros and the wire was 4 euros. So I won my challenge:) and I love how it turned out. It is now hanging in our front hall next to the front door. I'll be taking pictures of our hall now that it's mostly done and I'll post them as soon as I can:)

linking to:
Skip to My Lou
Craft-o-maniac

2 comments:

  1. C'est tres jolie et vraiment pratique pour les enfants aussi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Oui c vrai, j'aurais du le faire en Francais pour vraiment aider Megan.

      Delete