Wednesday, November 28, 2012

car themed birthday invitations tutorial!

So this is not an original idea of mine, I saw this treat holder here. I didn't use stampin ups top note die like on the other website, instead I used Spellinders labels 8 (the biggest die in the set).

When I want a stamped image from a disney movie I usually buy these cheap rubber stamps for kids, they cost about 5 euros and work well enough:)

 these are the other stamp sets that I used, the background set is from waltzingmouse and the party invite set is from Inkadinkado. My favourite inks for stamping are memento inks, I used black and red for this project.
 I love using Copic markers to color images, the colors are very vibrant and they blend very well together.
 I used my die cutting machine to cut out two labels 8 dies per invitation in dark blue plus one that had a background stamped on it.
 Used a little banner die from spellbinders for the sentiment.

 Cut your stamped labels 8 die in two and glue onto the dark blue labels 8 as shown in the picture below (for the stamped one I cut off the embossed edge you get with spellbinders dies so I would get a layered look)
 create the top flap by scoring, folding down and gluing a section of your labels 8 die.

 use a STRONG glue to adhere the front and back together, let dry completely before you add your treat.
 Now you can decorate the front!
 Oh and on the back I added all the information for the party


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment