Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Swaddling blanket with matching newborn hat

Just wanted to share a project I finished for the baby last week. Our baby will be born in July so I wanted to make a couple light weight blankets. I found the tutorial for the blanket and the hat on 'Make it and love it'. I didn't make my own bias for the edging of the blanket, I just used regular bias which wasn't the best way to go because the blanket is made out of knit jersey fabric which is stretchy but the regular bias is not stretchy so the outside of the fabric isn't stretchy which might be a problem when it comes to swaddling. for my second blanket I will be using 1 inch fold over elastic that I ordered from the US so I'm just waiting for that to arrive so I can get started.



 Here's a close up of the hat, I think it's so adorable:) Sorry for some reason the picture is on the side and I can't turn it up...
I made the flower using left over cotton fabric from my baby quilt project. The jersey is white and navy by the way, not black.

Can't wait to swaddle the baby in this soft blanket:)

No comments:

Post a Comment