Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A bit of summer

I've been seeing a lot of yellow and blue for summer this year and thought I'd give it a try, plus I needed something to go on that IKEA shelf (which I can't wait to get rid of). I used the mirror I'd found in Germany again but this time I opened the little shutters.

I also kept my little fence in the back because I like the color of the wood, it looks a bit old and has a beach feel to it, in my opinion.

It was hard to find something yellow that I liked so I just bought some cute tiny daffodils and glued them to a few branches.

I used two Jane Austin books here that were just the right color for my decor. I added some chicken wire to a frame after removing the glass and used a clothe pin to attach a picture to the chicken wire. The wagon wheel in the back was a thrift store find which I mentioned in an earlier post which I cleaned up and painted. Hope you enjoy!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment