Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pinterest recipe challenge: Carmelitas

Ever since I discovered Pinterest I've mostly been fascinated by all the lovely delicious looking recipes that are so easy to find. I've tried out a quite a few over the past 6 months and a lot of them have become favorites in our family. So I thought I'd start sharing my adventures trying out pinterest recipes with you:)

The recipe I am sharing with you today comes from luluthebaker, it is an original recipe that she came up with and I love it!! It's a delicious and very rich oatmeal/butter/chocolate/caramel dessert that is baked in the oven and tastes best the next day (if you made them in the late afternoon like I did) once the chocolate has hardened again after baking (oh and they taste best at room temperature!!)

 I didn't change anything in the recipe. For the caramels I used an entire 165g bag of Werther's soft caramels
 So you have a bottom layer of oatmeal/brown sugar/buttery goodness, then a layer of chopped chocolate, a layer of melted caramel and heavy cream and the whole thing is topped off with a final layer of the oatmeal mixture and then baked in the oven.
 I think I'm going to go make some for tomorrow! hope you enjoy this and let me know if you try it out!!

3 comments:

  1. merci pour la recette! c'est une bonne idée ce challenge je te piquerai les recette pour les faire (surtout pour Matthew car moi et les desserts... tu sais bien.. ;)
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Euhhh je viens de me rendre compte que le nouveau background que j'ai mis sur mon blog c'est le même que toi, si ça te saoule je peux changer !!! J'avais même pas remarqué!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oula...Iris!! Je rigole...ca m'est completement égal et j'avais même pas remarqué pourtant je suis allé voir le nouveau look, donc tu voit à quel point ca m'a perturbé:)
      Ledessert est super bon mais très riche!! Du coup Joseph doit ammener les restes au travail pour ses collegues:) Tu me dira ce que AMtthew en pense si tu lui fait le dessert!

      Delete