Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pinterest recipe challenge: White chicken chili

A couple months ago I came across this white chicken chili recipe and it has become a favorite ever since. I did make a few changes because there were a few things that I didn't have but I think they are good substitutes and so far I have always made it with my changes.


1. I start by cooking the chicken breasts in boiling water and I use my stand mixer to shred the chicken. I set the mixer on 4 or 6 and it takes about 30 seconds to shred the chicken, it's awesome!
Here are the ingredients that I use:
1 cup chopped onions
1 green onion sliced
1/2 green pepper
1 thin green chili pepper seeded and sliced
2 Tbl olive oil
3 cups chicken broth
1 large 800g can white beans (partially drained)
3 cups cooked chicken breast shredded
1 tsp chili con carne mix
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 1/2 handfuls fresh flat parsley
1/2 handful fresh coriander
3/4 cup sour cream (I used crème fraîche because that's all you can get in France)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I use gouda)
 2. In a large stock pot over medium heat, sauté onions, green onion, pepper and chili pepper in oil until tender. Chop the fresh parsley and coriander and add to the pot. Stir in remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Shortly before serving add cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
 We usually eat this with homemade french bread, I'll be sharing that recipe shortly. Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment