Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Laundry sign

The other day I saw this neat project on How Does she and just had to try it out for myself. I've been wanting a little sign to put over my laundry baskets for a long time and this looked just perfect!

My piece of wood measured 28X19 cm
I just covered my wood with scrapbook paper using mod podge and I didn't painting the wood this time!
Then I sanded my edges
and inked them with green first and then brown, using a piece of sponge
then I added my contact paper words!

Now to make it look like the one from How Does She I was going to need a nice metal handle to attache to the top with some ribbon....so I went on the search for a nice handle. Well, I couldn't find anything antique looking and cheap so I got to work making my own handle. So check out my next post to see how I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment